Monday 1 June 2020

Post 2 : Why did you choose your career?



Resultado de imagen para career options after high school


Hi bloggers: When I was at school I used to dream about becoming a simultaneous interpreter at the United Nations  in New York, since I 've always enjoyed learning foreign languages and, mainly because I was only 16 years old  at that time. So my decision was crystal clear , I had to study Translation at Universidad Católica - the only place  to study it  at that time. However, 3 months before taking the test  , the career was closed. I was devastated because that was my only option. Finally , I decided to enter  English Teaching and then change  to Translation internally. I was admitted , BUT to change to Translation was almost impossible. Then , after  getting depressed, a teacher helped me to understand that I had to go on with teaching, since a teacher can do both things: translating and teaching, whereas a translator can't work as a teacher. From then on, I started enjoying this career. I think I've been successful with it and can do both activities without any problems. What about you? What were your dream jobs when you were a child? Did you have any other options that you had at the moment of applying to university? What made you decide in the end? What about your experience at university until now?  What kind of job would you like to have in the future?  Use 130 words and don't forget to leave comments on 3 of your classmates' blogs and also your teacher's. See you.

8 comments:

  1. Hello Miss, I have a question... why was the career closed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss, did you dream of another profession as a child?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to know that you enjoy your job Miss but is sad that the other career was closed, why did happen?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to study design since i was 11 years old. I would say that I am very determined in that area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Miss, when I was little I wanted to be a veterinarian but I discovered that I was afraid of blood. I felt sad

    ReplyDelete

  6. hello miss, how many languages ​​do you speak?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miss, have you gone to other english speaking countries ??

    ReplyDelete