Wednesday 10 June 2020

Post 4 : Music



JOAN MANUEL SERRAT | Sotaque & Corazón

Hi guys : How have you been doing? I hope you're fine! Today's blog  corresponds to one of the topics you usually mention as a favourite one: MUSIC. To be honest, I must admit that I don't know much about music, I mean, I like some singers or bands , but I can't explain why or what  music style it is : I simply have no idea about it.. I like it just because . That's it!  During  my university years, I  mainly listened to music that was politically biased: Inti Illimani, Victor Jara, Quilapayún, Merecdes Sosa , and also some Brazilian musicians, such as : Chico Buarque, Maria Betanha, Gal Costa, Milton Nascimento etc.  I just started listening to other types of music , specially English singers, just after democracy came, that is in the 90's. Then I discovered  English rock , like ; Queen, Bruce Springsteen, Genesis,  Police, etc and in recent times , Adelle,  and Amy Winehouse. But  , if I've got to mention ONE favourite composer  undoubtedly, the best one in Spanish language is , Joan Manuel Serrat. Probably, none of you have ever heard about him because he's too old for you,. However, in my opinion he's the best composer in Spanish  only comparable to Chico Buarque in Brazil.  What about you? what kind of music do you prefer? Who are your favourite singers? bands? Use  140 words   and don't forget to leave comments on 3 of your classmates' blogs  AND mine too. See you.

17 comments:

  1. Miss I'm so outraged, why are you talking about Brazilian music without mentioning Axe Bahia?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you kidding? I'm talking about bossa composers and singers. Nobody knows Axe Bahia in Brazil. Just here in Chile.

      Delete
  2. Hi miss I definitely don't know Joan Manuel Serrat haha ​​but I do know Adele. I love her music. Did you see how it is currently?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean if I saw what she looks like now? She looks great!

      Delete
  3. Hi miss, I also like Queen and I love the movie inspired in this band

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Miss, I really like Adele, her music is amazing

    ReplyDelete

  5. I love The Police, I listen to them since I was a child

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi miss. I like Queen very much too. did you see the movie "Bohemian Rhapsody? It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adele has some heartbreaking songs! I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Miss,my mom likes Joan Manuel Serrat too haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Probably , she 's from my generation. Jajaja

    ReplyDelete
  10. Miss, What is your favorite song of Queen ??

    ReplyDelete